An Arizona man says he suffered a number of massive, severe bruises because of a bug bite, according to a GoFundMe page created Monday.
Thomas Jay was reportedly taking out the trash when he experienced the “most excruciating pain” he has ever felt, Fox10 reported Thursday.
Doctors baffled by mystery bug bite that left Arizona man covered in bruises – New York Daily News https://t.co/j8g4VYQJ5I
— Arizona view (@Arizonaview) July 27, 2017
“He came running in to tell me that he had gotten bitten or stung by something he had never saw before,” his wife described on the GoFundMe page. “When we looked up the pictures, it closely resembled a ‘Solifugae!'” an arachnid sometimes referred to as a “wind scorpion” or “camel spider.”
A minor blemish on his skin then apparently grew into several blotches of wicked-looking bruises that span his whole arm. Thomas went to a nearby hospital to deal with the injury.
It is not clear what kind of treatment was conducted, but doctors didn’t administer an anti-venom vaccine because they aren’t sure what exact bug caused the bruises, or if the insect he spotted was even the culprit. (RELATED: Fans At Seattle Mariners Games Ate 18,000 Toasted Grasshoppers In Three Nights)
According to the tone of the spouse’s account, he seems to have gotten at least a little better.
“We are stilling praying there are no long-term affects,” she explained, “but there are still issues with the arm and more medical tests and doctors to see.”
Send tips to email@example.com.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.