The “skinny repeal” health care bill released late Thursday evening does not institute changes to Medicaid, but it does bring some significant changes to Obamacare’s individual marketplace.
Here is what we know so far about the skinny repeal bill:
- Repeals The Individual Mandate
- Repeals The Employer Mandate
- Delays The Medical Device Tax Until Dec. 31, 2020
- Cuts Federal Funding For Planned Parenthood For One Year
- Fully Repeals Obamacare’s Funding For Public Health Programs
- Increases Funding For Community Health Programs
- Broadens Waiver Program For States To Roll Back Obamacare Regulations
Republican leadership is expected to vote at 2 a.m. Friday morning on the skinny repeal bill, a drastically watered-down version of Obamacare repeal, in order to move to negotiations with members of the House, in a final effort to make good on a seven-year campaigning point for congressional Republicans.
Send tips to email@example.com
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.