‘Bachelor’ Producer: ‘Nothing Really Out Of The Ordinary’ In That Poolside Incident
“Bachelor in Paradise” producer Martin Hilton said he saw “nothing really out of the ordinary” in the incident that shut down production this summer between two cast members.
“Just from watching it, it seemed to me that there was nothing really out of the ordinary. It seemed like summer fun that we would normally have in Paradise,” Hilton told Entertainment Weekly in a report published Monday.
Corinne Olympios allegations sexual misconduct after a poolside encounter with DeMario Jackson. (RELATED: ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Star Admits To Mixing Pills And Alcohol Before Poolside Hookup)
“And so it was fairly clear to me watching it that this was not going to be a long-term issue, yet even the perceived issue is important for us to get right both for the people who have worked on the show forever and with the cast,” he added. “It was important to slow down, really look at this, and only proceed if everything checked out.”
A Warner Bros investigation determined that there had been no misconduct, and production on the fourth season resumed, with new consent guidelines. Both Jackson and Olympios declined to return to the show, but are slated to appear in the reunion.
“Obviously, as producers, you always have that feeling on “The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette,” even though we’ve been on so long, that somehow it could be canceled next season,” Hilton explained about the show coming back for another season. “But I feel pretty positive that we will be back next summer with another season of “Bachelor in Paradise.”
The fourth season of the show kicks off Monday night on ABC.