Man’s Samsung Smartphone Explodes In His Pocket [VIDEO]

Liam Clancy Reporter
Font Size:

Dramatic CCTV footage captured Saturday shows a Samsung Grand Duos smartphone suddenly burst into blue flames while in a man’s shirt pocket.


Yulianto, the Indonesian hotel supervisor in the video, was rushed to the hospital and treated for minor burns.

“There was a strong sensation of heat and I felt something start to shake,” Yulianto said, according to the Daily Mail. “Before I knew what was happening there was fire and I panicked. I took off my shirt as quickly as I could.”

Yulianto was reportedly using Wifi, Bluetooth and GPS at the same time, causing the phone to overheat.

Samsung phones have a history of spontaneously bursting into flames, so often that the company globally recalled all of its Galaxy Note 7 smartphones last year.

I don’t know about everyone else, but one of the things I look for in a mobile phone is that it won’t erupt into a fireball when I run one application too many.