Weinstein Pledged 100K Donation At Planned Parenthood’s 2017 Gala
Hollywood producer and now the center of a sexual assault scandal, Harvey Weinstein, recently pledged $100,000 to Planned Parenthood at their 100th anniversary gala.
Weinstein and his wife attended the abortion giant’s gala in New York City in May and pledged $100,000 dollars to the organization along with countless other celebrities, according to Newsbusters. Tickets to the gala sold for a minimum of $125 and maximum of $100,000.
News of Weinstein’s pledge and alleged support for women’s rights have received heat after the Weinstein Company fired him on Sunday following a New York Times story accusing him of sexual harassment.
Liberals have professed outrage that women’s rights organizations like Planned Parenthood and Emily’s List would accept pledges or dirty money from Weinstein, especially given the fact that many Hollywood activists were aware of what had been transpiring since 2013.
The New Yorker published a second piece with allegations of sexual assault by three more women, and now audio has been released of Weinstein allegedly harassing one of his victims. Actresses Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow have come forward saying they were also sexually harassed by Weinstein when they were starting their careers in Hollywood.
Actor George Clooney, who worked with Weinstein for 20 years, said he never witnessed the studio head’s history of sexual harassment, but he admitted that he had heard rumors. Clooney said that looking at things now it’s clear that there were warning signs, but he never would have thought that Weinstein was abusing women and then paying them to keep quiet.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact email@example.com.