Ex-Fox News behemoth Bill O’Reilly sure has a lot of time to yap on Twitter these days.
This afternoon, he once again insisted that he hasn’t done anything wrong.
Over the weekend, the NYT exposed a $32 million settlement by O’Reilly to make a sexual harassment allegation go away. Specifically, a female Fox News colleague threatened him with a lawsuit for alleged sexual harassment last January. So he paid her off. And then, as the story says, Fox News re-signed him. The harassment allegedly included sending the woman gay porn (???) and other “sexually explicit material.”
And well, he’s not taking the news well.
This erupted out of O’Reilly’s Twitter feed Monday afternoon:
I’m not going to run and hide because I didn’t do anything wrong. NYT wants to take me out of the marketplace, second time they attacked me.
— Bill O’Reilly (@BillOReilly) October 23, 2017
In a rather prickly interview last month with NBC’s Matt Lauer, O’Reilly defended himself against the various allegations of sexual harassment that have been made against him.
“My conscience is clear,” he told Lauer, who really wasn’t buying it. “What I have done is organize a legal team to get the truth to the American people.”
In the interview, he insisted no one had ever filed a complaint against him to human resources in his 42-year career. Technically he may be right. But on Monday, NBC “TODAY” Show host Megyn Kelly announced that she complained about him to Fox News co-presidents Bill Shine and Jack Abernethy. Shine no longer works at Fox News. He resigned in May.
Lauer jokingly asked Bill O, “Is this a vast left-wing conspiracy?”