‘House Of Cards’ Ending After Pedophilia Accusation Against Kevin Spacey
“House of Cards” will end after Season 6 following a pedophile accusation against Kevin Spacey, Variety reported Monday.
The Netflix series began filming the upcoming season just two weeks ago, but on Monday Variety learned that the streaming service has decided to pull the plug on the popular political drama. (RELATED: ‘The View’ Blasts Kevin Spacey For Tying Homosexuality To Pedophilia)
The decision comes after “Star Trek” actor Anthony Rapp accused the 58-year-old actor of making sexual advances towards him in 1986 when he was 14 years old. Spacey responded to the accusation and said while he didn’t recall the encounter, if he acted the way Rapp said he owes him the “sincerest apology.” He then came out as a “gay man.”
— Kevin Spacey (@KevinSpacey) October 30, 2017
On Monday Netflix and the producer of the series Media Rights Capital issued a statement about the allegation.
“Media Rights Capital and Netflix are deeply troubled by last night’s news concerning Kevin Spacey,” the statement read. “In response to last night’s revelations, executives from both of our companies arrived in Baltimore this afternoon to meet with our cast and crew to ensure that they continue to feel safe and supported. As previously scheduled, Kevin Spacey is not working on set at this time.”
The final season, which stars Spacey and actress Robin Wright as ruthless politicians, will consist of 13 episodes when it airs in 2018.