Elton John has canceled two scheduled concerts in Las Vegas to clear his schedule in order to attend the Royal Wedding between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in May.
Last month the English singer-songwriter said that he hadn’t been invited and had shows scheduled on the same weekend as the wedding. Now the “Tiny Dancer” singer has canceled the conflicting shows, suggesting that he plans to attend the wedding on May 19, Page Six reports.
“I don’t know. I haven’t even been — no one’s been asked,” John told The Sun last month. “I’m playing in Vegas, so I don’t know what’s going to happen.”
The 70-year-old singer was a dear friend of Harry’s mother, Princess Diana, and was one of just a few celebrities to attend his older brother Prince William’s wedding in 2011. (RELATED: Meghan Markle Is Giving Up Acting For Her Role In The Royal Family)
John has developed a close relationship with both boys over the years and has worked with each of them on various projects to combat the AIDS epidemic.
“We’re working very, very closely on AIDS projects with him. And both of those boys are very special to me because of their mother. He’s a good boy,” John added of Harry specifically. “His heart is in the right place and all you want is for people to be happy.”