Trump Responds To Kim Jong Un’s Sudden Offer To Talk Nukes

Ryan Pickrell | China/Asia Pacific Reporter

President Donald Trump responded to North Korea’s offer to discuss denuclearization with a pair of tweets Tuesday.

Following a landmark meeting between North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un and South Korean diplomats in Pyongyang, the North announced a willingness to discuss denuclearization with the U.S., as well as halt weapons testing during dialogue.

“The North expressed its willingness to hold a heartfelt dialogue with the U.S. on the issues of denuclearization and normalizing relations with the United States. It made it clear that while dialogue is continuing, it will not attempt any strategic provocations, such as nuclear and ballistic missile tests,” Seoul said in a statement.

Trump was quick to respond on Twitter.

North Korea has made similar promises in the past, assuring the world that it would not develop nuclear weapons and then promising to give up the weapons it said it would never make in the first place. North Korea conducted its sixth nuclear test in September, detonating a suspected staged thermonuclear bomb with an explosive yield far greater than anything the rogue regime has previously tested.

Washington remains suspicious of Pyongyang’s intentions.

ALSO WATCH: Trump Responds To Rocket Man’s Ballistic Provocations

Follow Ryan on Twitter

Send tips to ryan@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Tags : donald trump kim jong un north korea south korea
Loading comments...
© Copyright 2010 - 2018 | The Daily Caller