Reporters and celebrities from around the world will be gathering in Washington, D.C., for the annual White House Correspondents Dinner, followed by a long list of exclusive parties throughout the nation’s capital.
The dinner itself, hosted by The White House Correspondents Association, is meant to honor journalists who are part of the White House press corps. But every year, there are dozens of parties — before and after the dinner — that are invite only and filled with Hollywood celebrities, athletes and reporters.
Comedian Michelle Wolf will be hosting 2018’s dinner at the Washington Hilton. (RELATED: Trump To Skip White House Correspondents Dinner For Second Year In A Row)
Here is a list of all of the parties throughout the week of the dinner, according to Roll Call.
- Washington Women in Journalism Awards: this event will be co-hosted by chairwoman of public affairs firm Story Partners, Gloria Story Dittus, and Washingtonian President and Publisher Cathy Merrill Williams. The party will go from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and will be located at Dittus’ house.
- The Great American White House Correspondents Dinner Party: this event’s hosts include The Daily Caller, the International Franchise Association, the Entertainment Software Association, the National Beer Wholesalers Association and the Conservative Partnership Institute. It will go from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and will be at the National Union Building.
- Toast to the First Amendment: Distilled Spirits Council, RealClearPolitics, the National Restaurant Association, the Beer Institute and the National Restaurant Association will be hosting this patriotic shindig. It will go from 6:00 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the National Restaurant Association.
- A Celebration of America’s Journalists: United Talent Agency and Mediaite will be your hosts at this one. It goes from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at Fiola Mare.
- “Come Together” Washington: elite hosts include British Ambassador Sir Kim Darroch and his wife, Lady Vanessa Darroch. Show up at the ambassador’s home at 7 p.m. until 11 p.m.
- No Tie Party: Playboy will be hosting what’s said to be the “biggest” WHCD party of the night. Be there from 9:30 p.m. until 2 a.m. “For more than six decades, the Rabbit has broken barriers and challenged the status quo, pairing sophisticated and thoughtful content next to a celebration and ownership of sex and sexuality. A passionate defender of the First Amendment and a free press, Playboy has posited intelligent responses to the most significant cultural conversations in America (and the world). While society has changed, Playboy’s voice has continued to evolve along with it, adding to — and often leading — the cultural conversation along the road to greater freedom,” according to an emailed statement from Playboy.
- Atlantic Media and CBS News’ Reception: these two companies will be your hosts for this gathering, which begins at 6 p.m. at the Hilton’s Courtyard and Gardens.
- NBC News & MSNBC After Party: this event will be hosted by the news outlets. The party begins at 11:30 p.m. at the Organization of American States’ Art Museum of the Americas.
- Political Hangover: CNN has the hosting duties on this one. The early shebang will go from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and is happening at Longview Gallery.
President Donald Trump has decided to skip the event for a second year in a row and will instead host a rally in Michigan Saturday night. Trump did the same thing in 2017 but hosted a rally in Pennsylvania.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.