Politics

Man Who Demolished Trump’s Hollywood Star In 2016 Says He Will Bail Out New Pickaxe Vandal

Photo by Katharine Lotze/Getty Images

Daily Caller News Foundation logo
Henry Rodgers Capitol Hill Reporter

A man who demolished President Donald Trump’s Hollywood star in 2016 is expected to bail out the vandal who left the star in pieces after hacking at it with a pickaxe Wednesday.

James Otis, the man who was arrested for destroying the star in 2016, told TMZ that he will spend $20,000 to bail out Austin Clay. Clay pulled the pickaxe from a guitar case around 3 a.m. and began hacking Trump’s star on Hollywood Boulevard, leaving it completely destroyed, The New York Post reported.

After smashing the star, Clay reportedly called the police on himself to report that he had just committed the crime. Otis dressed up as a construction worker and also used a pickaxe to demolish Trump’s star. Since then, many people have vandalized it with stickers and paint. (RELATED: Vandal Takes A Pickaxe To Trump’s Walk Of Fame Star And Obliterates It)

Otis, who dodged jail time and received 3 years probation, 20 days of community service and a fine, will reportedly meet Clay after he bails him out.

Follow Henry Rodgers On Twitter

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.