Los Angeles Prosecutors Drop Criminal Charges Against Kevin Spacey And Two Other Celebrities Accused Of Sexual Assault
The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office declined Tuesday to file criminal charges against a trio of Hollywood actors, including Kevin Spacey, Anthony Anderson and Steven Seagal, all of whom have been accused of sexual assault.
The District Attorney’s office said it would not prosecute Spacey on a 1992 sexual assault accusation because it fell outside the California statute of limitations, according to report by NBC Bay Area.
Spacey’s first accusation went public on Oct. 29, and it only took about a week for more than a dozen men, many of whom were teenagers at the time, to come forward alleging Spacey of sexual assault and even attempted rape.
The LA County Sheriff’s office was investigating allegations that Spacey had committed forcible sodomy on someone in West Hollywood, but the D.A. said it was too old of a case to bring charges.
The “House of Cards” star is also under investigation in London after three men came forward with accusations dating from 1996 to 2013. (RELATED: Kevin Spacey’s New Film Opens To Less Than $150 After Sex Misconduct Allegations)
Anderson, the lead actor in”Black-ish,” had been accused of assault by a woman who catered an event that Anderson had organized.
The D.A. said the alleged victim declined to be interviewed.
Anderson, who is married, has strongly denied the claims.
“The interview is a necessary piece of the investigation. Prosecution is declined due to lack of sufficient evidence to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the allegations,” one prosecutor wrote, according to Variety.
Seagal’s allegation is by a woman named Regina Simons, who claims Seagal raped her in 1993 when she was 18 years-old.
Seagal, an actor, producer, screenwriter and musician, has also denied such allegations.
The Beverly Hills Police Department forwarded the allegation report to the D.A.’s office, but the statute of limitations had expired in 1999.
Email tips to email@example.com
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.