OPINION: Maybe The NYT Anonymous Op-Ed Originated From Within The NYT
The tempest in a teacup that is The New York Times Anonymous op-ed has led to a game of trying to find out who is the rat within the Trump Administration. I’m surprised that no one has considered another possibility, that it is a hoax, concocted within The New York Times.
Anyone who dismisses that possibility has not been keeping count with the Left’s constant hoaxes, lies and fake news. If you have not, here is a small — very small — sample:
- Early on, a British jackass composed an obscene, fraudulent, “Russian dossier” about Trump having two Russian hookers urinate in bed while he watched. This was actually taken seriously by leftist journalists.
- A lesbian waitress in New Jersey claimed to have received an anti-gay message in the receipt. She lied.
- A student who reported racist graffiti turned out to have written that graffiti.
- Juan M. Thompson, a journalist for The Intercept, sent several bomb threats to Jewish Community Centers which were blamed on Trump supporters.
- Khalil Cavil, a waiter in Texas, made up a whole story that a customer scrawled the message, “We don’t tip terrorists,” on a reciept, which got the customer barred from the restaurant.
- A few days after the 2016 presidential election, a female student at the University of Michigan reported that a white man told her to take off her hijab or he would set her on fire. Surveillance tapes and inconsistencies proved that it was a lie.
- Halley Bass, another University of Michigan student, scratched her face and claimed that her assault “was part of the surge in hate crimes following the election of Donald Trump.”
- A group of progressive students (“Diversity Leadership Council”) at Gustavus Adolphus College put up racist posters.
- Samantha Wells, a black student at St. Olaf College, claimed to have received a threatening note using the death-inducing n-word. Classes were shut down. Protests erupted. She confessed.
- Nathan Stang arrived at St. David’s Episcopal Church in Bean Blossom, Indiana, and was horrified — yes, horrified! — to see swastikas, anti-Gay and pro-Trump slogans. Which he spray painted himself.
- In Lafayette, a Muslim woman claimed that two men (one wearing a pro-Trump hat) robbed her, stole her wallet and hijab. She later admitted to lying.
- Ariel Agudio and Asha Burwell, University of Albany students were victims of hate crimes. There was outrage, particularly by Black Lives Matter buffoons. They were arrested and expelled for the hoax.
- Rick Jones from Utah claimed to have been the victim of several anti-gay hate crimes, all false.
- In New York, a Muslim student at Baruch College, reported that men chanted “Donald Trump” and told her to get out of the country. She chided bystanders for not coming to her aid. Police came to her aid and arrested her for filing a false report.
- CNN edited the words of a woman urging her fellow blacks to go burn down white suburbs to make it sound like she was calling for calm.
- Chris Ball, a gay Canadian filmmaker cried that he was assaulted by Trump supporters on election night in Santa Monica, California. The truth is, he just cried over the election.
- Project Veritas went undercover to prove that CNN does, indeed, fake news.
- A CNN film crew in London was itself filmed preparing a fake demonstration.
- NYT’s Maggie Haberman was caught spreading lies about Sarah Sanders.
- The Associated Press admitted it had lied on several articles about Trump and Russian ties.
- ABC News chief political analyst Matthew Dowd claims that in talks with Navy Seals all Navy Seals are embarrassed at having Trump for president. Prime facie bs.
- Using a White House stationery, a fake list of demands by Trump on an international visit was reported as being factual.
- Mary Emily O’Hara of MSNBC reported that the ambassador to Panamá was resigning over Trump’s comment. It was a lie.
- Raf Sanchez of the Telegraph faked a foto of Trump meeting with an alt-right leader.
- NYT’s editorial board stated that Sarah Palin had incited Jared Loughner to commit the mass shooting in Tucson, Arizona.
- James Comey stated that a NYT story on Trump was fake news.
- Daniel Simpson, a reporter for the NYT quit in disgust because of the editors’ drive for fake news.
- Time reported that Trump had removed MLK’s bust from the Oval Office. Lie.
- NBC deliberately edited a 911 call to make the call (by George Zimmerman) sound racist.
- Dan Rather’s CBS report attacking George Bush was based on forged documents.
The views and opinions expressed in this commentary are those of the author and do not reflect the official position of The Daily Caller.