- A liberal PAC affiliated with Women’s March is targeting political candidates accused of #MeToo-related misconduct.
- The PAC appears to only be going after Republican candidates and includes zero Democrats on its list of targeted candidates.
- Four prominent Democrats aren’t on the PAC’s list despite accusations of abuse, harassment or covering up sexual misconduct .
A political action committee (PAC) affiliated with Women’s March is targeting 2018 political candidates accused of sexual misconduct, harassment or other offenses against women.
But so far the PAC’s list of targeted candidates only includes Republicans and excludes several prominent Democrats accused of sexual misconduct, domestic abuse or covering up harassment.
The Enough Is Enough Voter Project launched on Monday to “end a culture that protects the careers of powerful men who abuse women or other survivors, and put this issue before the voters,” Stanford Law School professor Michele Dauber said in an announcement on Monday.
Dauber, who specializes in feminist, gender and sexuality studies, launched the PAC in coordination with the Women’s March Sister Network and Feminist Majority, a pair of left-wing nonprofits. (RELATED: Women’s March, Other Left-Wing Nonprofits Likely Violated IRS Rules In Trying To Derail Kavanaugh)
“We are going to put rape culture on the ballot across the country,” Dauber said.
Dauber’s group has currently singled out five candidates, two at the congressional level and three at the state level, for defeat in the 2018 elections. All five are Republicans.
One targeted candidate, Minnesota Rep. Jason Lewis, has not been accused of abuse or sexual misconduct, or of covering either abuse or misconduct. Lewis is on the list because he “has a long history of making misogynistic and demeaning statements about women,” Dauber’s group explains.
North Carolina congressional candidate Steve Von Loor is on the list because his ex-wife accused him of domestic abuse, including verbal abuse and pushing her, according to Enough Is Enough.
Left off of the PAC’s list are at least four prominent Democrats accused of either abuse, sexual misconduct or covering up misconduct.
Delaware Sen. Tom Carper admitted in a 1998 interview that he slapped his ex-wife in the face, leaving her with a black eye. Carper is up for re-election in November and won the party’s nomination on Sept. 6.
One of those women, Karen Monahan, said Ellison was also physically abusive. She released a medical document on Sept. 19 showing she told her doctor in Nov. 2017 about Ellison’s alleged and physical abuse.
Ellison, the deputy chair of the Democratic National Committee, denies the allegations against him.
California congressional candidate Gil Cisneros was accused of sexual harassment by a fellow Democrat. UltraViolet, a left-wing feminist organization, previously slammed the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee for not withdrawing its support of Cisneros.
New York Rep. Gregory Meeks, who is running for re-election, was accused of firing one of his staffers after she reported being sexually harassed by one of his campaign donors. The House used taxpayer dollars to settle the staffer’s lawsuit against Meeks.
All four Democrats denied the allegations against them.
“Although we did not target any Dems during this general cycle, we plan to do so during the next primary season. In addition if you watch the video that rolls on our main page you will see many dems who are featured there, including Sawyer, Persky, Daylin Leach and Eric Schneiderman,” Dauber said in an email to TheDCNF after this article was published.
When asked why her group would only target Democratic politicians in primaries — but not general elections — next cycle, Dauber replied: “We think that’s the best way to achieve our goals at this time given the limited resources of a start-up.”
This article has been updated to include Dauber’s comments
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact email@example.com.
All content created by the Daily Caller News Foundation, an independent and nonpartisan newswire service, is available without charge to any legitimate news publisher that can provide a large audience. All republished articles must include our logo, our reporter’s byline and their DCNF affiliation. For any questions about our guidelines or partnering with us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.