A spokeswoman for former Vice President Joe Biden said Tuesday that an angry altercation between Biden and an auto worker was “misinformation.”
Biden was in Michigan when an auto worker confronted him over his stance of Second Amendment rights. The Democratic presidential candidate said the man was “full of sh**.”
“Listen, there is a lot of misinformation, unfortunately, in campaigns these days. We see it from every, every corner. And I think what Biden was saying there is I’m not going to allow somebody to distort my record,” Kate Bedingfield insisted. (RELATED: Joe Biden Tells Crowd: ‘I’m A Candidate For The US Senate’)
She said said Biden was only trying to be “crystal clear” about where he stands. “I think that’s what voters are looking for. I think that’s what Democrats want.”
Bedingfield blamed President Donald Trump for Biden being so emphatic in his response. “Donald Trump has shown us that he is going to try to run a bruising campaign that’s going to be largely built on misinformation and disinformation and I think what you saw from Biden in that exchange is that he’s not going take that … ”
The campaign spokeswoman reiterated her belief that she believes Biden was only providing “what Democratic voters are looking for, a straight shooter who is going to be clear about where he stands and is not going to allow somebody to distort his record or misrepresent where he is.” (RELATED: Joe Biden Wants To Ban 9mm Pistols)
But Biden’s support for the Second Amendment has been growing steadily weaker over the last year. He wrote an opinion piece for The New York Times that advocated banning AR-15 assault rifles. During a recent Democratic presidential debate, the former vice president insisted that gun violence has taken the lives of 150 million Americans since 2007 — almost half the current population of the United States.
In an interview Biden confirmed his desire to confiscate assault rifles, saying “Bingo” that was exactly what he intended to do if elected as president.