Politics

Three Female Potential Biden VPs Appeared On Sunday Shows. They Were Not Asked About Tara Reade

Scott Olson/Getty Images)

Daily Caller News Foundation logo
Mary Margaret Olohan Social Issues Reporter
Font Size:
  • Media largely failed to discuss 2020 presidential candidate Joe Biden’s accuser Tara Reade during Sunday interviews with three different women Biden might pick to be his vice president.
  • Former Democratic Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams, Democratic Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and Democratic Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar were not asked about Reade’s allegations.
  • Media silence came after Reade said video evidence uncovered Friday proves she was forced out of her job as a Senate staffer for Biden in 1993.

Media failed to discuss 2020 presidential candidate Joe Biden’s accuser Tara Reade during separate Sunday interviews with three women whom Biden might pick to be his vice president, a Daily Caller News Foundation analysis of transcripts found.

Former Democratic Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams and Democratic Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar each appeared on Sunday shows where they were not asked about Reade’s allegations of sexual assault against Biden, an examination by Fox News found.

The DCNF also confirmed that Democratic Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, whom Biden is also considering as a potential running-mate, was not asked about the claims Sunday morning. (RELATED: ‘I Want The Same Equal Treatment’: Biden Accuser Tara Reade Tears Into Media, Women’s Groups, Democratic Politicians)

NBC’s Chuck Todd and CNN’s “State of the Union” did not bring up the allegations during their separate interviews with Abrams, the DCNF confirmed, while ABC’s George Stephanopoulos failed to bring up the allegations to Whitmer or Klobuchar during his separate Sunday morning interviews with the two potential Biden vice presidents.

Major Sunday morning shows made no mention of Reade at all, the DCNF found: CNN’s “State of the Union,” NBC’s “Meet the Press,” ABC’s “This Week,” CBS’s “Face the Nation” and Fox’s “Fox News Sunday” did not mention Reade or her allegations against Biden. The networks did not respond to requests for comment.

Media silence came after Reade told the DCNF that video evidence uncovered Friday proves she was forced out of her job as a Senate staffer for Biden in 1993. This followed a Saturday DCNF report in which Reade tore into the media, Democratic politicians and women’s groups for their failure to support her allegations against the former vice president. (RELATED: Biden Accuser Tells Us New Video Evidence Proves Her Allegations Are True)

Sen. Kamala Harris (L) (D-CA), Sen. Cory Booker (R)(D-NJ), and Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer join Democratic presidential candidate former Vice President Joe Biden on stage at a campaign rally at Renaissance High School on March 09, 2020 in Detroit, Michigan. (Photo by Scott Olson/Getty Images)

56-year-old Reade had previously told The Intercept that her mother called into “Larry King Live” on CNN regarding Biden’s alleged assault. A transcript obtained by The Intercept, as well as a video uncovered by the Media Research Center on Friday, showed that someone from her mother’s city did indeed call into CNN in 1993 and asked for advice about her daughter’s problems with a “prominent senator.”

“I just heard audio — my mother died, and hearing her voice made me cry,” Reade told the DCNF on Friday after listening to the video and hearing the transcript. “She was such a good mom and always watching out for me even now.”

Reade worked as a Senate staffer for Biden in 1993 and has accused the then-senator of kissing her, touching her and penetrating her with his fingers without her consent. The Biden campaign has denied the assault and said it “absolutely did not happen.”

Reade said her sexual assault accusation has become a “partisan tool,” saying that Republicans have weaponized her and Democrats have both ignored and discredited her.

“I’m sorry that I’m politically inconvenient, but my perpetrator was Joe Biden,” she told the DCNF. “And people need to deal with it.”

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.