Chris Harrison revealed Thursday that he plans to return to “The Bachelor” franchise following his brief hiatus.
Chris Harrison apologized this morning on GMA saying “I am an imperfect man. I made a mistake and I own that. I believe that mistake doesn’t reflect who I am or what I stand for.” Should he return as The Bachelor host? – The Wake Up Call
(© Admedia, Inc) pic.twitter.com/tDVW5DpjxZ
— K-FROG Radio (@KFROGRadio) March 4, 2021
“I plan to be back,” Harrison said Thursday on “Good Morning America.” “I want to be back. This interview is not the finish line. There is much more work to be done.” (RELATED: ABC Reportedly Adds Disclaimer To ‘Wheel Of Fortune’ Episode With Chris Harrison As He Deals With Accusations Of Racism)
“I am an imperfect man I made a mistake and I own that,” Harrison added. “I believe that mistake doesn’t reflect who I am or what I stand for. I am committed to the progress not just for myself also for the franchise.”
Harrison further clarified that he does not believe “antebellum parties” are okay after previously defending contestant Rachael Kirkconnell for doing so. The frontrunner on Matt James’ season reportedly attended an “Old South” party in 2018.
“Antebellum parties are not OK,” he told the ABC show. “Past, present, future, knowing what that represents is unacceptable.”
Harrison first came under fire after defending Kirkconnell. He addressed the backlash against Kirkconnell during an interview with Rachel Lindsay, the franchise’s first black “Bachelorette.”
Harrison had requested that people give Kirkconnell “a little grace, a little understanding” when it comes to allegedly racist behavior from the past.
Kirkconnell has also apologized publicly.