Virginia Giuffre filed a lawsuit Monday in New York against Prince Andrew for allegedly sexually abusing her when she was 17 years old.
Jeffrey Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre has filed a lawsuit saying Prince Andrew sexually abused her when she was 17. He has previously said of the allegation, “It didn’t happen.” https://t.co/TjRc999YT9
— The Associated Press (@AP) August 9, 2021
“Twenty years ago Prince Andrew’s wealth, power, position, and connections enabled him to abuse a frightened, vulnerable child with no one there to protect her,” the lawsuit mentions, according to CBS. “It is long past the time for him to be held to account.” (RELATED: Alleged Epstein Victim Says She Was Handed Off To Prince Andrew, Bill Richardson And More For Sex)
“Part of what Virginia is doing, both through lawsuits like this and through the foundation that she established, is trying to make sure that what happened to her doesn’t happen to other young girls,” said Giuffre’s attorney David Boise, according to CBS.
Giuffre was able to sue once the 2019 Child Victims Act waived the statute of limitations for victims of childhood sexual abuse.
A victim compensation program set up for those who were abused by Epstein paid out almost $125 million to over 150 accusers Monday.