King Charles is reportedly preparing to evict Prince Harry and Meghan Markle from Frogmore Cottage in order to offer the downgraded residence to the disgraced Prince Andrew.
An insider close to the situation indicated the monarch began the eviction as early as January. The process reportedly began a day after Harry’s bombshell memoir “Spare” was released, according to The Sun. “This eviction surely spells the end of Harry and Meghan’s time in the UK,” a source close to the situation told The Sun.
King Charles III has reportedly expelled his son Prince Harry from his and Meghan Markle’s royal home in Windsor. https://t.co/hvjpn9IiM0
— The Washington Times (@WashTimes) March 1, 2023
Queen Elizabeth II gifted Frogmore Cottage to Harry and Meghan as a wedding present in 2018, but the king’s eviction would override that privilege.
The cottage is a five-bedroom property that underwent a multi-million renovation at Harry’s request around the time he received it, according to The Sun.
At this time, Harry and Markle have not been offered an alternative residence on the royal property. It is believed they are in the process of shipping all their belongings from the cottage to their Montecito, California, residence, according to The Sun. (RELATED: Long List Of Artists Reportedly Turn Down Offers To Perform At King Charles’ Coronation)
King Charles’ latest move only furthers doubt that Prince Harry will make an appearance at his father’s coronation in May. https://t.co/zVstFpmH9i
— OK! Magazine USA (@OKMagazine) March 1, 2023
Andrew was stripped of his royal titles over allegations of involvement in Jeffrey Epstein’s sex trafficking scheme.
He has been strongly resisting the move out of the sprawling Buckingham Palace and into the significantly smaller Frogmore Cottage property, according to the source close to the family. “Andrew is resisting the idea of moving into Frogmore Cottage after he was offered it last week,” the source said.
Andrew’s official move-in date has not been publicly declared at this time.