The former “greatest celebrity in the world” currently known as President Obama, has decided he needs an on-camera fix this week and has scheduled an appearance on The View. Apparently the president considers it a women’s weekday Meet the Press, since actually appearing on
Meet the Press would be unthinkable.
So why would the Leader of the Free World want to spend an hour of his precious time chatting with Whoopi, Barbara and rest of the gang? Here are some possible explanations and please circle the ones you like best.
- Going on The View is way more fun than governing.
- The View gets better ratings than Obama’s speeches.
- Obama doesn’t get enough love in Washington anymore.
- Michelle told him to because she owed Whoopi a favor.
- Obama will be able to answer the questions they ask him.
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was too busy, and suggested Obama instead.
- David Axelrod told Obama this is an opportunity to warm up the woman’s vote for the November 2nd mid-term elections.
- Obama was desperate to make some history as the first sitting president to ever appear on The View.
- Since so many people are sitting home unemployed this summer, this is a perfect way to reach them with Obama’s “Summer of Recovery” message.
- Obama knows he looks dreamy on TV and wants to remind all the ladies why they voted for him in 2008.
- President Obama will announce on The View that he is running for re-election in 2012.
- He has some exciting news about Bo the family dog he wants to share.
- The president is looking for any excuse to travel on that awesome plane.
- The View is the first stop on the November midterm election TV tour — next stop Leno, then Letterman, followed by Keeping up with the Kardashians, and finally ending the campaign tour with an appearance on Jersey Shore November 1st.
- Obama knows he needs to practice speaking without a teleprompter.
- He is looking for opportunities to speak without once saying: “Let me be clear,” “The system is broken,” and “Worst economy since the Great Depression.”
- He is looking for new exciting ways to get face time in People Magazine.
- Better to go on The View and skip the 100th anniversary of the Boy Scout Jamboree since Boy Scouts are too young to vote.
- Obama is secretly trying out for a seat on The View if 2012 doesn’t go too well.
Myra Adams is a media producer, writer and political observer. Her media clients have included national associations, political interest groups and corporations. She was on the creative team with Mark McKinnon that created the now infamous John Kerry “Windsurfing” ad for the Bush 2004 presidential campaign and served on the McCain Ad Council during the 2008 McCain campaign. Myra’s web site TheJesusStore.com contributes all profits to Christian charity.