‘South Park’ mocks Occupy Wall Street, Michael Moore [VIDEO]

Jeff Poor Media Reporter
Font Size:

Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of Comedy Central’s “South Park,” have a history of mocking liberal causes in their animated series. On the show’s Wednesday broadcast, it was the Occupy Wall Street movement’s turn.

In the episode, the South Park school is punished for having a low average score on the Presidential Fitness Challenge. The average was sunk by an obese Eric Cartman (the 1 percent). The rest of the school (the 99 percent) retaliates.

The pushback against Cartman comes in various forms, but two of the students “Occupy Red Robin” in protest, which inspires a cameo from documentary filmmaker Michael Moore.

“I look down at the faces of you protesters and I see the future of America,” he said. “We are the 99 percent, yeah!”


[dcvideo videoid=”24779348″ name=”ndnPlayer_24779348″ type=”ndn” /]

Follow Jeff on Twitter