Hillary Clinton Took 6 Months To Get Over ‘Terrible Concussion’ But She’s Totally Fine, Bill Clinton Swears

Font Size:

Hillary Clinton “required six months of very serious work to get over” a “terrible concussion” she suffered in December 2012, according to her husband, Bill Clinton.

At the time, doctors said the concussion caused a blood clot, which resulted in a multi-day stay for Hillary at New York-Presbyterian Hospital.

But don’t worry, Bill Clinton swore, his 66-year-old wife, the presumed 2016 presidential frontrunner, is now in perfect health and her brain is not impaired. (RELATED: Does Hillary Clinton Have Brain Damage?)

The former president made the remarks on May 14 in Washington at the 2014 Fiscal Summit organized by the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, reports ABC News.

He also insisted that, like with everything else over the years, he and his wife have been wholly forthright about Hillary’s festering health problems.

“It’s something she never low-balled with the American people, never tried to pretend it didn’t happen.”

However, Clinton’s current version of the story about a half-year recovery differs by five long months from statements made by the Department of State, over which Hillary Clinton presided at the time of her “terrible concussion.”

On January 7, 2013, just a month or so after Hillary’s serious head injury, State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland assured reporters during a briefing that she was already a picture of health.

“Judging by the woman we saw this morning and the workload that she’s got, she seems to be fully recovered,” Nuland said then, according to ABC.

In direct contradiction to Bill Clinton’s remarks on Wednesday, State Department officials also specifically said at the time the concussion “was not severe.”

In December 2013, at the time of Hillary Clinton’s injury, the State Department was tight-lipped about her injury, saying only that she fainted at State Department headquarters in Foggy Bottom, as Fox News reported at the time. Agency officials said the fainting episode occurred because Clinton was fatigued and dehydrated as a result of a stomach virus.

State Department officials declared that the then-Secretary would work from home as she was observed from time to time by doctors.

Clinton’s infirmity coincidentally allowed her to delay testifying in front of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and the House Foreign Affairs Committee on Benghazi for about a month.

She returned to work as Secretary of State on January 7, 2013. She had to wear glasses instead of contacts for a significant period of time as a result of her injuries.

Follow Eric on Twitter and on Facebook, and send story tips to erico@dailycaller.com.