A man is reporting that his new iPhone 6 not only bent in his pants, but it also caught fire. The video he posted to YouTube shows the phone being dowsed by ice as it continues to sizzle.
Phillip Lechter, the owner of the iPhone, was on a rickshaw when the vehicle tipped over in Tuscon, Arizona according to Metro. When he landed, he claims the phone bent and burst into flames while still in his pocket. Onlookers rushed over to help Lecter out and to pour water over the phone and his pants.
Lechter described the fire on his blog, saying “The smoke was thick and I quickly laid down to get the APPLE iPhone 6 out of my pocket. The smell was disturbing. I could feel my leg burning.”
Another person dosed his leg with water “to put the fire out on my jeans.”
If you listen closely to the video, you can still hear the phone sizzling.
The end result was a broken phone and according to Lechter’s blog his doctor classified the burns as second-degree burns. He posted several pictures of his burnt leg to his blog.