Sports

HOT TAKE: Little Kid SKEWERS Panthers’ Cam Newton In Elementary School Newspaper [VIDEO]

Christian Datoc Senior White House Correspondent

One of the toughest parts about being a sports journalist is having to cover your favorite team.

With the advent of the digital age, the ferocity with which fans will defend their chosen squad — even if they stink — has skyrocketed. As a medium, the Internet allows fans to ignore the reality of the situation, so it’s always nice to see young reporters keeping it real when describing the weaknesses of their local franchises.

Take for example this column on the Carolina Panthers published in a North Carolina elementary school newspaper:

Twitter

Twitter

Here’s the full letter:

Panthers

My favorite football team is the Carolina Panthers. I feel that they need a better quarterback. The quarterback is Cam Newton. The team never seems to win and I think he is the reason. He gets intercepted a lot.

Now I know what you are thinking. What if he does not have the support from his team? What if they are not very good? Maybe… but, the players on the team are pretty good. I will admit that maybe the team is responsible for some of the losses, but most of the time it is his fault. 

There is a spot for him on the team. That is as a running back. That would probably use his talents better. Now that I think about it… the Panthers were never a very good team. Maybe he is not the only bad player.

That’s quite the catharsis. As a lifelong Atlanta Falcons fan — Rise Up! — I agree with this kid’s analysis; the Panthers just aren’t very good. They DO have good players on the roster, but it might be years before they can put all the pieces together.

Hopefully — for our young scribe’s sake — it won’t be too long before the Panthers draft “Nate” first-overall.

WATCH:

“I’m just loosening my arm…”

[h/t Bleacher Report]

Follow Datoc on Twitter