Quote of the Day:
“How exactly can a man in a dark suit standing at a lectern convey that he is HIGH ENERGY?”
— Susan Page, Washington Bureau Chief, USA Today.
Arianna weighs in on HuffPost‘s anti-Trump coverage
“Apparently most of the candidates agree with our decision to cover @realDonaldTrump as an entertainer #GOPDebate.” — HuffPost editor-in-chief Arianna Huffington.
Trump Vs. Fiorina
“Carly Fiorina is mopping the floor with Donald Trump. Unfortunately, his hair situation makes him a shitty mop.” — Erin Gloria Ryan, Jezebel‘s managing editor.
Politico cartoonist trying to tune into GOP debate from a boat
“SOS Anyone know if the debate is on Sirius? I’m on a boat, no cable but we got Sirius.” — Matt Wuerker, political cartoonist, Politico.
What in the hell is going on?
“Is this suddenly a cable talk show roundtable? People get called on whenever they ask the host?” — NYT‘s Jeremy Peters.
Jindal Vs. Santorum
“Oh, man, Bobby Jindal, how does it feel to get outclassed by Rick Fucking Santorum? #GOPDebate.” — The Daily Banter‘s Tommy Christopher.
Sydney Elaine Leathers weighs in on Jeb Bush’s debate performance
“Dear Jeb, ‘Everrready’ makes it sound like you have a constant hard-on. Sorry.” — Sydney Elaine Leathers, former phone sex buddy to Anthony Weiner.
It’s getting hot in here
“It’s a little hot in debate hall. Man, a bunch of those candidates probably wishing they had one of those Charlie Crist fans under podium.” — Ana Navarro, CNN.
Ooh look at that dress…
“I AM IN LOVE WITH THAT COLOR BLUE ON CARLY. Sorry, I can’t resist.” — Ellen Carmichael, president, The Lafayette Company, former spokesman to Herman Cain.
“I haven’t met a senator yet who likes Ted Cruz, just fyi.” — The Atlantic‘s Jeffrey Goldberg.
- “‘Trump is the most meta candidate I’ve ever seen. ‘I’m winning therefore I’m winning.'” — Charles C.W. Cooke, National Review.
- “‘Finger in the air’, ‘finger on the nuclear button’ – what’s all this about Republican fingers? #CNNDebate” — Toby Harnden, The Sunday Times of London.
- “Bored.” — Mother Jones‘ Ben Dreyfuss.
- “FYI candidates: groans among media when you say ‘that’s up to the voters.’ #cnndebate.” — CNN’s S.E. Cupp.
- “Oh, by the way, CNN, you’ve spent a lot of time looking for a jet. Glad you found one right in front of you.” — Jeff Jarvis, J-school prof.
- “Trump does not appear to know whether Syria is a country or a contestant on Miss USA.” — Ben Shapiro, Breitbart News.
- “Cruz just sounds peevish.”– Katty Kay, BBC.
- “Gov. Kasich is right, btw. Bro messaged me a minute ago saying, he’s not doing ‘this fucking clown show.’ He turned it off.” — Gabriel Malor, Ace of Spades, The Federalist.
- “Oh, God. Can we please go back to the first debate? This is like high school all over again.” — CNN commentator Ana Navarro, who is a backer of Jeb Bush.
- “The debate is suddenly having Trump withdrawal…All the others talk of the same sheet. He’s just so different.” — Politico‘s Marc Caputo.
- “IT’S ALMOST OVER.” — The Daily Beast‘s Asawin Suebsaeng.
Erick Erickson still despises John Kasich
“I’m more inclined to turn off the debate when Kasich speaks.” — RedState‘s Erick Erickson.
“My kids want to know why I’m screaming at the TV. I can’t explain.” — Michael Nelbauer, Washington Business Journal.
“I like the Jews, I like fetuses, I like Reagan. Didn’t need to hear applause lines about them all night.” — Ann Coulter, conservative commentator.
Speaking of the blue dress…
“Carly matches the plane.” — WaPo‘s Jennifer Rubin.
Carly, Carly, and more Carly
“Carly Fiorina has a teleprompter IN HER MIND.” — Peter Suderman.
Anonymous contribution to The Mirror: “I’m sorry but Carly Fiorina looks like a shrew and she needs to lay off the Botox.”
Promises, promises: Carly “won” the debate, but will it ever register in the polls?
“I’ve slept on it (briefly) and I feel pretty strongly that last night was HUGE for @CarlyFiorina — it’ll take a week for it to show in polls.” — Brian Wilson, WMAL, co-host.
Trump’s hair compared to cotton candy
“Trump’s hair looks like a cotton candy machine exploded.” — Neal Boortz, former talk radio dude.
Question to ponder…
“How does @GovMikeHuckabee know that no one on the stage is under FBI investigation?” — Politico‘s Ken Vogel.
A new word emerges from the GOP debate
“#Supercalifragilisticexpibragodocious.” — Mark Hemingway, senior writer, The Weekly Standard.