The widow of one of the four Americans killed in the Benghazi attacks says that Hillary Clinton “has no right” to say it is time to “move on” in the wake of a congressional report released earlier this week.
“I think that nobody in government can tell me how I feel, what I should feel about it. She has no right, nor does anyone in government have a right to tell me it’s time to move on,” Dr. Dorothy Woods told CNN’s Erin Burnett on Thursday.
Woods’ husband Tyrone was one of the former Navy SEALs killed during the Sept. 11, 2012 onslaught.
Earlier this week, Clinton responded to the release of a long-awaited report about the attacks from the House Select Committee on Benghazi, saying that “I think it’s pretty clear it’s time to move on.”
Democrats downplayed the report saying that it was politically motivated and uncovered no new information. But the 800-page document did provide new insight into the Obama administration’s response as the attacks were underway. The picture painted in the report was one of indecision on the part of the Defense Department as well as of the State Department, which Clinton led at the time.
“They’re not in my shoes,” Dorothy Woods said of government officials like Clinton who have claimed that the report uncovered no new information and that it is time to “move on.”
“They’ve been dismissive,” added Woods, who is a dentist in San Diego.
She then defended the Benghazi Committee’s work, saying that the Republican-led panel tried to “sincerely do the right thing.”
Woods is not the first Benghazi victim family member to weigh in after the report’s release. The mother of Ambassador Chris Stevens said earlier this week that she does not blame Clinton for her son’s death.