Entertainment

Caitlyn Jenner’s Show Won’t Return For Third Season

Kaitlan Collins White House Correspondent
Font Size:

Caitlyn Jenner’s reality show won’t return for a third season, the 66-year-old announced Tuesday.

Caitlyn Jenner

(Photo: Jonathan Leibson/Getty Images for AOL)

Two weeks after it was reported that the series had been canceled, Jenner said it was “time for the next adventure” on Twitter. (RELATED: ‘I Am Cait’ Ratings Go Down The Drain)

“Thank you E!” Jenner tweeted. “And thank you to the best girlfriends I could ask for!”

Caitlyn Jenner named as 'Woman of the Year.' (Photo: Getty Images)

(Photo: Getty Images)

The network put out a statement saying the decision to end the show was a “mutual” one made by E! and Jenner.

“We are incredibly proud of the two seasons of I Am Cait, a groundbreaking docu-series that sparked an important and unprecedented global conversation about transgender people, their struggles and triumphs,” a spokesman for E! said in a statement.

“Caitlyn and E! have mutually decided not to move forward with another season at this time. She will always remain a part of the E! family, and we look forward to continue following her journey as she appears on ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians.'” (RELATED: Caitlyn Jenner: ‘Hillary Clinton Couldn’t Care Less About Women’)

Bruce jenner becomes woman Caitlyn Jenner

(Photo: Splash News)

Last August, Jenner’s reality series was on a high after its premiere garnered almost three million viewers, but, by week two, ratings fell by over 50 percent.