It was 2002, and I’d finally given up. It felt like a big step, but I had to do it. Even though I didn’t follow politics closely, I knew enough to know that I was sick of all of it. No matter how good politicians seemed on the campaign trail, both Democrats and Republicans transformed once they got to Washington, D.C. by letting power go to their head… power that was supposed to exist for citizens.
Not that I’d done anything about it. Oh, I complained. My friends and I would get together and talk about what a mess our nation was in. But we actually had day jobs. I was an attorney, while they were ranchers, loggers, contractors, real estate developers. We didn’t expect the government to hand us anything on a silver platter, so we had to put in a lot of hours to put food on our tables. I wasn’t a political activist, so what could I do about the direction our nation was heading? Nothing. So that’s essentially what I did. I kept my head down and tried to take care of my own family.
A lot has happened since that fateful day when I quit aligning myself with either political party. I co-founded the Tea Party Patriots, became a Constitutional activist, and founded Citizens for Self-Governance. In other words, my dislike of political parties hasn’t caused my love for this country to wane. Quite the contrary. My disdain for politics is directly proportional to my love of country.
That’s why, this year, I must call out the Democratic Party, from top to bottom, for being a criminal enterprise; the Clintons are their main crime family. Here are some examples of the Democrats deception, harassment, and even criminal activities:
- Media Collusion: The WikiLeaks emails have revealed that the media basically does her bidding. CNBC’s John Harwood gave her tips on how to perform well at “our debate,” and even did oppo research on Ben Carson. CNN’s Donna Brazile was caught passing her questions in advance of a Town Hall. The Boston Globe gave her advice on the best timing of a piece for maximum impact. A New York Times reporter ended his emails with her with “pleasure doing business!”
- Promoting Violence: James O’Keefe went undercover into the heart of the Democratic party to discover some very inconvenient truths. The most egregious? Democrats paid people to disrupt Trump rallies – even mentally disturbed homeless people – in order to foment violence. Then, naturally, they blamed this violence on Trump.
- Voter Fraud: O’Keefe’s video also shows two Democratic operatives talking about how to bus out-of-state supporters in to vote. Scott Foval, who was with Americans United for Change, has been fired for his remarks. Robert Creamer says he voluntarily stepped away from his position at Democracy Partners. But this should surprise precisely zero people, since they even cheat against Democrats. (Hillary made sure Bernie Sanders didn’t come anywhere close to the White House.)
- The IRS Targeting Scandal: In a stunning show of the Obama Administration’s abuse of power, the IRS admitted at the highest levels to targeting, harassing and intimidating tea party, Christian, pro-Israel and other conservative groups. Their intimidation has undermined the ability of ordinary Americans to express themselves and freely participate in the democratic process.
- The Wisconsin John Doe investigations: Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm (D) began an investigation into Governor Scott Walker’s staff and activities which have been described as “the most tumultuous political events in Wisconsin in generations—perhaps in history” and as being an “anti-conservative witch hunt.” Legal Insurrection surmises that “In the end, every court that ruled on the issue found that the entire prosecution legal theory was legally unfounded — that even if these conservative groups did what they were alleged to have done, it was constitutionally protected speech and not illegal.” Of course, this was after the Democrats had early morning raids on the homes of innocent people.
I love it when Donald Trump says we need to “drain the swamp,” but we must do more than that. If you drain a swamp, and do nothing else, it just fills back up again. Instead, you have to drain it, and then fill it in with fill dirt, compact it, and build dams so that that swamp cannot fill back up. What I’ve learned over the years is that you don’t have to be a political activist to change the direction our nation is heading. In fact, it helps if you’re not. Average Americans need to take a backhoe to Washington, D.C. to replace the crime and corruption that’s taken up residence inside the Beltway.