Macy’s CEO Terry Lundgren said he would not bring back the Trump clothing line Friday morning, doubling-down on the iconic department store’s decision from earlier this year.
Macy’s chose to extricate itself from the Trump brand in 2015 after the president-elect made some unsavory claims about Mexican immigrants. “In light of statements made by Donald Trump, which are inconsistent with Macy’s values, we have decided to discontinue our business relationship with Mr. Trump and will phase-out the Trump menswear collection, which has been sold at Macy’s since 2004,” the company said in a 2015 statement.
While discussing the volume of shoppers and the experience the department store was having this Black Friday, Lundgren reiterated the store’s position.
Macy’s CEO Terry Lundgren says he won’t bring back Trump clothing line: I wouldn’t have a Clinton line, either. https://t.co/3dcgRrgVOP
— New Day (@NewDay) November 25, 2016
When asked if he would reinstate Trump’s clothing line now that he has secured the oval office, Lundgren replied: “You really cannot have the product of a politically oreinted person in your store, because 48 percent of the people aren’t going to like that. We sell to everybody at Macy’s.”
Lundgren was very democratic in his answer. Despite dropping the line because Macy’s leadership thought the president-elect’s comments were racist, Lundgren is showing no bias in his decision making. “I wouldn’t have a Hillary Clinton line either, as I have said before,” the chief executive said.
“That decision is clearly made, and was the right decision to make,” Lundgren concluded.
Send tips to firstname.lastname@example.org
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact email@example.com.