Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. will reportedly seek an indictment against Harvey Weinstein for rape charges next week.
Last week a detective leading the investigation against Weinstein for the New York Police Department said that they have enough evidence to make an arrest. After the NYPD shared their findings from the case, the DA is now planning to present the case to a grand jury to get an indictment against the disgraced Hollywood executive, Page Six reports.
Many of the allegations against Weinstein do not fall within the bounds of the statute of limitations in New York, but the accusations made by actress Paz de la Huerta are apparently enough for an arrest warrant. (RELATED: NYPD Officer Says They ‘Have Enough To Make An Arrest’ On Weinstein)
De la Huerta claims that Weinstein raped her on two separate occasions at her apartment in New York City in 2010. After interviewing the “Boardwalk Empire” actress, Detective Nicholas DiGaudio said he believes they had enough to take action against Weinstein.
Last week, Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce announced that the department was sharing their information with the DA’s office. Boyce then planned to obtain an arrest warrant to bring Weinstein in, but Vance will instead present the case and wait for an indictment, according to Page Six sources.
The report comes on the heels of another bombshell report by The New Yorker’s Ronan Farrow that was published Monday night. The newest report on the former studio head proves that Weinstein knew the reports were coming down the line and actively tried to reach out to potential accusers to gain information on them and keep them from talking.