Need Versatile Recording Headphones? The Top Selling Pair Is On Sale
Praised by tech editors and members of the pro audio community alike, the CB-1 sit atop numerous “best of” lists, with consistent high marks from some of the most discerning ears in the industry.
Today only, as part of Black Friday Deals Week, they are 30 percent off.
Eighty-five percent of customers gave these headphones 5 out of 5 stars. This is by far the most thorough review:
I’m very much satisfied with these headphones and they impressed me. I paid $79.00 for these headphones. Let me give you some more details on these cans.
First off, I’m a music producer, a mixing engineer, recording engineer, mastering engineer, and a songwriter myself. I do the whole works in the studio that I built myself, and I work with quite a few different clients. When it comes to hardware and equipment, I don’t buy the most expensive gear, only because you don’t need to, to achieve the best results. It’s all in how you research and review the gear to determine its quality. I don’t buy the cheapest gear either. I know better than that.
So here’s what I like about the headphones:
– Durability. The headband can be bent pretty far and show no signs of breaking or cracking. The can padding seems well stitched, and the 3.5mm input jack with the twist lock is a nice feature. You don’t have to worry about internal wiring issues inside the headphones.
– Very Comfortable! Some headphones become uncomfortable after wearing them for a short period of time. I myself along with my clients love the comfort of these headphones. The cushioning on both the headband and the cans themselves is well padded. You almost forget you’re wearing them!
– Isolation Factor. This factor was one of the biggest reasons for me considering a good set of closed back headphones. I didn’t want any leakage from the headphones bleeding into the microphone during vocal recordings. I was impressed with these! No leakage into the mic, even at high volume levels while the vocalist is doing an intimate, close micing recording! (though with a trained ear, you could hear the song faintly playing through them if you were in the same room sitting close to the person wearing them, but if the mic doesn’t pick it up, it doesn’t matter.)
– Sound quality. These headphones have a flat frequency response, which is exactly what I was looking for! The frequency response matches my JBL studio monitor speakers almost exactly, which is very helpful and desirable. Also, the clarity and detail is very distinct, and the low end sounds crisp, rich and balanced with the mids and highs. I’m impressed with the playback quality.
– My buddy has a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M40x headphones (and they do sound good, but don’t have a flat frequency response, and weak low end), and he wishes he had these Status Audio CB-1. We’ve also compared the Status Audio CB-1 to Vic Firth Stereo Isolation Headphones (Which are the best for isolation, but tend to break. Not very durable. Must take special care with them. Ok sound quality) and Sony MDR7506 Pro Large Diaphragm Headphones (Which are ok at isolation with little leakage, better than Vic Firth at sound quality and durability). Overall, the Status Audio CB-1 Closed Back headphones are better.
– Cables included. I love the fact Status Audio included a coiled cable, a straight cable, and a 1/4″ jack adaptor. The cables appear to be good quality, and none are faulty. The jacks are gold plated, which offers the best signal processing and durability. There are springs behind the jacks to help prevent strain on the cords themselves. The cables were a bonus feature that made me lean towards these.
I only have one concern, and that’s how well the actual foam/cushioning inside the can padding will hold up. If they start to scrunch up over periodic use, it may become an issue either with the isolation factor or the comfort factor. But so far, they seem like they retain their full shape.
I recommended these to a few of my music enthusiasts. Unfortunately, these headphones are temporarily unavailable on Amazon right now. I’m hoping Status Audio will continue to sell these. With as good reviews that it had on Amazon, I would think it would be an unwise business decision to discontinue them.
I would definitely like to buy another pair of these headphones! Make it available again!
Happy Black Friday Deals Week!
Have a suggestion for a cool product or great deal that you think Daily Caller readers need to know about? Email the Daily Dealer at email@example.com.
The Daily Caller is devoted to showing you things that you’ll like or find interesting. We do have partnerships with affiliates, so The Daily Caller may get a small share of the revenue from any purchase.