President Trump announced that he has not heard from any NFL players regarding people they believe should be granted a pardon in an impromptu interview Friday morning on the White House lawn.
“No, I haven’t heard. They are all saying it has nothing to do with the flag,” the president said. “It’s the way we’ve been treated. In the meantime, they’re making $15 million a year.”
Earlier this month, the president told reporters, “I am going to ask all of those people to recommend to me — because that’s what they’re protesting. People that they think were unfairly treated by the justice system … I understand that. I’m going to ask them to recommend to me people that were unfairly treated.” (RELATED: Trump Makes NFL Kneelers An Offer)
“When you’re in a stadium, and they broadcast that national — you gotta stand, and you gotta be proud, and you gotta have your hand up, and you gotta do everything that is right and play really tough football. And once you leave the stadium, go do whatever you want to do. Run for office, do whatever,” Trump continued.