Woman Dies After Being Knocked Unconscious, Run Over By Backhoe, Video Shows

[Youtube/Screenshot/Public User Life News Us]

Font Size:

Graphic surveillance video captured the moment a backhoe struck and ran over a woman at a Brooklyn construction site, killing her.

Estelle Davis, 61, can be seen walking across New Lots Avenue and Van Siderin Avenue in East New York on Friday, seemingly not paying attention to a nearby backhoe in reverse.

Video then shows the backhoe’s shovel hitting Davis in the head, knocking her down. The backhoe then runs her over. (RELATED: Man, Woman Found Dead At Base Of Cliff, Authorities Say)

Davis’ body was originally found in the street Friday, puzzling investigators, according to CBS 2 New York.

The backhoe driver was not on scene when officers arrived, but sources told CBS 2 New York that it appears the driver was unaware they had hit someone.

“I don’t see how he wouldn’t have seen her,” Davis’ cousin Alisha told the Daily News. “They should have had the workers with the flags … It’s painful.”

Davis was a home health care nurse, her husband Cleveland Thomas Jr. told CBS 2 New York. Thomas said the couple had been married for 10 years but had known each other for 48 years, according to the report.

Thomas said Davis also used to be a pastor, according to the report.

“Estelle – she has a heart of gold, always willing to help people,” Thomas told the Daily News. “She would save the whole world if she could.”

“This is the hardest pill to swallow. I don’t get it,” Tiffany Bowen, Davis’ godchild, told the New York Post. “She was a pastor. She loved God.”

“She lived like an angel, and when she died I know she died as an angel. I know she gained her wings,” she continued. “This had got to be a dream.”

The construction site has had five violations and 15 complaints since 2016, according to Buildings Department records obtained by the Daily News. A Jan. 2 complaint alleged a failure of proper training that didn’t comply with Transportation Department regulations, according to the report.

The complaint was reviewed on Jan. 6 and an order to stop construction was rescinded, according to the report.

The New York Police Department confirmed to the Daily Caller that the investigation remains ongoing.