In an effort to increase dialogue about state court jurisprudence, the Federalist Society presents State Court Docket Watch. This newsletter is one component of the State Courts Project, presenting original research on state court jurisprudence and illustrating new trends and ground-breaking decisions in the state courts. This issue features articles on the state courts of New Hampshire, Missouri, North Carolina, Washington, Alabama, Michigan, Georgia, and New York.
- New Hampshire Family Court Orders Girl to Public School over Home Schooling Preference of Mother by Nathan Fox
- Missouri Court Upholds State School Funding Formula by Carolyn Hamilton
- North Carolina High Court Is First to Overturn Restriction on Felony Gun Ownership by Scott W. Gaylord
- Washington Supreme Court Upholds At-Will Employment: Employees Who Object to “Bad Boss” Are Not Protected from Termination by Michael J. Reitz
- Alabama Courts Will Not Second-Guess Legislature’s Voting Procedures by E. Berton Spence
- After Change in Personnel, Michigan Supreme Court Reverses Itself in Major Insurance Decision by R. Lance Boldrey, Esq.
- Georgia Supreme Court and Vaccine Claims by Jack Park
- New York Court Weakens Product Liability Defenses by Craig Mausler
Full Story: State Court Docket Watch Fall 2009