Charlie Sheen’s “Violent Torpedo of Truth” tour took over Boston last night, and after a less than stellar performance, the actor stopped by 98.5 The Sports Hub’s “Toucher and Rich” radio show for an interview. During the late-night chat, the eccentric star broke the unexpected news that he may return to the CBS hit sitcom, “Two and a Half Men,” despite his notorious conflict with the show’s producers, and a $100 million dollar lawsuit Sheen filed against his former employers.
“There’s been discussions, but I was asked not to divulge anything,” he told the Boston radio host Tuesday night, but that there’s an “85 percent” probability he’ll return to the show by the beginning of next season.
The embattled star said he would have altered his unconventional behavior if the producers would’ve voiced concern. “Had they told me at the end of Season 8 that that behavior wasn’t going to be cool, I would have adjusted it,” he said.
Sheen also claimed that since his firing, he hasn’t received his portion of the show’s syndication profits. “I’m supposed to [be receiving the money], but that’s — what’s the term? — being withheld,” he told the radio host.
When asked whether he’s become too much of a notable public figure to play a fictional character other than himself, Sheen replied: “As far as being too public, I think that ship has sailed. How do I pull back at that point? I think it’s based on the material, the director, the performance.”
It’s no secret that even though Sheen may be difficult to work with, he’s a gift to the ratings, and CBS has struggled since his departure. ‘Mike & Molly,’ the sitcom which recently filled “Two and a Half Men’s” former time slot, received its lowest ratings yet last Monday. CBS may not want Sheen back, but they certainly need him back. According to Entertainment Weekly, last month there were unconfirmed reports that CBS chief Les Moonves wanted Sheen back if the actor could work out his issues with Warner Bros. and Lorre.