Fort Lauderdale Shooter Told FBI He Was Forced To Fight For ISIS
The man suspected of shooting five people to death at the Fort Lauderdale airport Friday previously told the FBI he was being forced to fight for the Islamic State, according to CBS.
The suspect, Esteban Santiago, reportedly walked into the FBI field office in Anchorage, Alaska in November and told officials he was being forced to fight for the terrorist group. ISIS has not taken credit for the attack.
— WeSearchr (@wesearchr) January 6, 2017
Santiago, 26, was a resident of Anchorage. He was born in New Jersey, and was a member of the U.S. Army National Guard. Santiago moved to Anchorage in 2014, and did not have significant criminal record before perpetrating the attack. He is believed to have posted on a jihadi internet forum in 2007.
Send tips to email@example.com.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.