Giant T-Rex Named Chicken Goes Up In Flames [VIDEO]

(Photo: YouTube Screenshot)

Katie Jerkovich Entertainment Reporter
Font Size:

A giant T-Rex named Chicken went up in flames Thursday due to an electrical fire, according to Denver’s Channel 9 News.

It happened at the Royal Gorge Dinosaur Experience in Canon City, Colorado, where a life-size animatronic dinosaur caught fire. Thankfully, someone caught the moment on camera and put it on YouTube. (RELATED: Kangaroo, 1 — Cyclist, 0 [VIDEO])


All that was left at the end of the epic blaze was the metal structure of the dinosaur and part of the tail.

The fire happened during visiting hours, but staff managed to get everyone away from the blaze and out of harm’s way.

Chicken was one of 16 animatronic dinosaurs at the Royal Gorge Experience.

“We always knew T-Rex had a temper but, today he blew his top,” Reynolds told KDVR. “There was an unfortunate (and rare) electrical issue with our mighty T-Rex and he is no longer. You might even say… extinct.”

Officials said they hope to replace the dinosaur by this summer. There is no word yet on the cost.