Survey: More Women Would Prefer Going Shopping Over Having Sex

Actress Alicia Silverstone is shown as she portrays a young woman "Cher" in the film "Clueless" a romantic comedy. The film opens in France this week (Stringer/ Reuters)

Daily Caller News Foundation logo
Font Size:

Nearly 60 percent of women would rather give up sex than shopping, according to a survey conducted in England.

The survey by Mail on Sunday surveyed 2,000 women, and concluded that 59 percent would choose giving up sex over shopping, reported Tuesday. The other 41 percent said they would prefer giving up shopping rather than sex. (RELATED: Provocative Sex Toy Ads To Appear On NYC Subway)

Women are also more interested in taking an international vacation rather than having sex. The survey’s results found that three out of four women, or 75 percent, would prefer going on an overseas vacation rather than having sex. (RELATED: Center For American Progress Had Internal Sexual Harassment Problem)

The survey’s results also concluded that women in their 40s and 50s are happier with their sex lives than women in their 20s. (RELATED: Virginia School Board Thrusts Through Sex Ed Changes Despite 90% Public Disapproval [VIDEO])

The results follow a 2012 UK Cancer Research survey that found one-in-five women would rather give up sex than chocolate. Another 2012 survey by Cosmopolitan magazine found that women 57 percent of women out of 1,020 participants would rather give sex than the internet for the night.

Follow Gabrielle on Twitter
Send tips to

All content created by the Daily Caller News Foundation, an independent and nonpartisan newswire service, is available without charge to any legitimate news publisher that can provide a large audience. All republished articles must include our logo, our reporter’s byline and their DCNF affiliation. For any questions about our guidelines or partnering with us, please contact