Daily Caller patriots exclusive content
Politics

Editor Daily Rundown: Police Nab Suspected July 4 Parade Shooter

(Photo by Mark Borenstein/Getty Images)

Vince Coglianese Editorial Director
Font Size:

POLICE NAB SUSPECTED JULY 4 PARADE SHOOTER… Police Detain Suspect In Deadly Parade Shooting

Authorities detained a person of interest in the deadly Fourth of July parade shooting Monday evening in Lake Forest, Illinois.

Police detained 22-year-old Robert E. Crimo as a person of interest in the deadly massacre after a brief pursuit, authorities said. A Chicago police officer spotted Crimo and attempted to perform a traffic stop when the 22-year-old fled, authorities said, according to CNN. Crimo, who goes by the name “Bobby,” was believed to be armed and dangerous at the time he was taken into custody.

At least six people were killed and dozens of others were wounded during the shooting, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. It is believed the gunman open fired while standing on a roof.

 

POLICE ANNOUNCE ARREST… ABC: BREAKING: Police say person of interest in Highland Park mass shooting has been “taken into custody without incident.” (VIDEO)

 

ARREST VIDEO… ANDY NGO: Here is the arrest video of #HighlandPark mass shooting person of interest, Robert “Bobby” Crimo III. He gets out of a vehicle with his hands up and lays down on the ground per the police commands. (VIDEO)

 

PHOTO SHOWS SUSPECT BEING CUFFED ON THE PAVEMENT… INSIDER PAPER: PHOTO: Highland Park shooting suspect being taken into custody by police (Pic via: Darren)(PHOTO)

 

SUSPECT POSTED A VIDEO OF THE PARADE ROUTE AHEAD OF SHOOTING… JERRY DUNLEAVY: NEW: In addition to posting videos appearing to threaten to shoot people & with a Lee Harvey Oswald newspaper, the Highland Park shooter posted a video blaring the emergency alert system sound which I’ve determined is a video of the July 4th parade route. (LINK)

In a short video titled “Where is Everyone?,” an Emergency Alert System can repeatedly be heard playing, as video apparently being shot from the back of a vehicle shows him driving down an empty main street lined with American flags. The street appears to be the exact street on the parade route where the mass shooting occurred on Monday.

In the right corner of the video, a Salon Lofts store can be seen as the video moves away down the street. The video then crosses train tracks, and then a First Bank office is on the left side of the video as the video continues moving. A Google Map street view shows that this is Central Avenue in Highland Park and was part of the parade route, with the video seeming to end very close to where Monday’s shooting on Central Avenue took place.

The Google Drive for the BlogSpot post indicated the video was uploaded on Aug. 8, 2021, suggesting he may have considered attacking the July Fourth parade route for nearly a year at least. The city’s Fourth of July parade appears to have been canceled in 2020 and 2021 due to COVID-19, but the parade route was the same in years prior.

 

‘EMOTIONAL ISSUES’ … NBC: Highland Park shooting person of interest left online trail of violent imagery

[…]left a long trail of tributes to mass shootings and public killings on social media platforms, according to numerous profiles that appear to belong to him.

Crimo performed as a rapper who went by the name “Awake,” whose recent music videos included depictions of mass murder.

Crimo’s most recent video posted to YouTube showed him in the aftermath of a school shooting. It ends with Crimo draping himself in an American flag. Another music video showed a cartoon depiction of a man wearing a shirt with his YouTube channel’s logo on it, holding a long gun and being shot by police.

The YouTube account that hosted his videos, which had previously been accessible to the public, was unavailable Monday night.

 

INTERNET SLEUTHS COMB SOCIAL MEDIA… DAILY BEAST: One photo posted

to Twitter showed Crimo wearing a Trump flag like a cape. But the same account also liked a video of President Biden. (LINK)

 

SHOOTER DIDN’T HAVE COHERENT POLITICS, FORMER FRIEND CLAIMS… MICHAEL TRACEY: Thread from a guy who says he knew the Highland Park shooter (posts proof) and claims the shooter had no political ideology other than to co-opt random aesthetics in furtherance of his interest in “alternate reality games” (SCREENGRABS)

 

TAXPAYER-FUNDED RADIO GIVES UP ON DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE READING… SPENCER BROWN: After 30+ Years, NPR Cancels Declaration of Independence Reading

The woke taxpayer-funded social justice warriors at National Public Radio ended a tradition started in 1988 on Monday, canceling the annual July Fourth reading of the Declaration of Independence and instead hosting more liberal thinkers in its broadcast echo chamber for a conversation on “equality.”

“This July 4th we break with tradition,” tweeted Morning Edition host Leila Fadel. Instead of reading the Declaration of Independence — as National Public Radio has done every Fourth of July for more than three decades — the broadcaster put on an America-bashing feature asking “on this July 4th, what does equality mean?”

 

BOOOOM!!!!… CELEBRITIES ‘BOYCOTT’ INDEPENDENCE DAY WITH DEVASTATING TWEETS… HILL: These celebrities are ‘canceling’ July 4 over the Roe. v Wade repeal

Reality star mogul Kim Kardashian was one of those who took to social media to boycott America’s birthday.

“4th of July has been canceled due to a shortage of Independence. Sincerely, women,” read the post, which she reshared from another user.

Kardashian’s mom and manager, Kris Jenner, and singer/actress Bette Midler also reshared the post to their social accounts.

Braunwyn Windham, a former cast member of the “Real Housewives” franchise, posted a photo in which she is dressed up in a costume from the hit show “The Handmaid’s Tale,” which details a fictional futuristic society in which women lack basic rights.

“It’s July 4th. Not sure what to celebrate this year,” she wrote in the accompanying caption.

In a photo shared to Twitter, actress Jessica Chastain posed with her middle fingers up.

“Happy ‘Independence’ Day from me and my reproductive rights,” Chastain wrote.

 

WNBA ATHLETE BEGS BIDEN TO SAVE HER FROM RUSSIAN PRISON… ‘I VOTED FOR YOU’… FOX: Brittney Griner calls on White House to bring her, other Americans detained in Russia home: ‘I miss my family’

Brittney Griner sent a letter to the White House Monday to make sure President Joe Biden and the rest of his administration do not “forget about me and the other American detainees” in Russia.

Griner’s letter was passed to the White House through her representatives. Though most of the contents remained private, her representatives shared some excerpts. […]

“Please do all you can to bring us home. I voted for the first time in 2020 and I voted for you. I believe in you. I still have so much good to do with my freedom that you can help restore,” the letter read in part. “I miss my wife! I miss my family! I miss my teammates! It kills me to know they are suffering so much right now. I am grateful for whatever you can do at this moment to get me home.”

 

COMPANY FIRES DUDE WHO REFUSED TO WORK… GUESS WHO THE VICTIM IS… NY POST: Woke employee who refused to work while ‘mourning’ Roe v. Wade fired

A woke Universal Music Group worker claims he was fired for “speaking up” about abortion rights — after he admitted he refused to work because he was in “mourning” over the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade.

Michael Lopez, a production coordinator at Universal Music Enterprises, blasted the company as “anti-gay” for terminating a “queer brown person” during Pride Month for “speaking up in defense of abortion rights,” according to a lengthy note on LinkedIn that went viral last week.

“Last Friday, like countless other folks, I was devastated by the news of the supreme court’s [sic] attack on abortion rights,” Lopez wrote.

 

MIDTERMS APPROACHING… HILL: Seven close races that could decide control of the House

Virginia’s 7th Congressional District

Further north, in Virginia’s 7th Congressional District, Rep. Abigail Spanberger (D-Va.) also got an official general election challenger a few weeks ago.

Former police officer and Prince William County Supervisor Yesli Vega defeated five other Republicans in the primary. […]

[R]edistricting made Spanberger’s district slightly more favorable to Democrats. Prior to redistricting, the district was farther away from Washington and closer to central Virginia. However, the latest congressional map moved her district closer to Washington, D.C. FiveThirtyEight moved the district from R+5 to D+2 after the redistricting process. However, the race will still be competitive. The non-partisan Cook Political Report has classified it as a “toss-up.” […]

Ohio’s 13th Congressional District

The Ohio House seat is sure to be a test of former President Trump’s influence. He endorsed conservative political commentator and attorney Madison Gesiotto Gilbert, who also notched high-profile endorsements from House GOP Conference Chair Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.), former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) […]

Gilbert takes on Ohio state Rep. Emilia Sykes (D), who ran unopposed in her primary and who has served in the state legislature since 2014. […]

The data website FiveThirtyEight notes that under Ohio’s new congressional map, the 13th District has a partisan lean of plus two points Republican, and the Cook Political Report rates the seat as a “toss up” for November.

 

YOUNGKIN 2024? … GOP Gov. Glenn Youngkin expands political operation as 2024 speculation grows

Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin is preparing to fan out across the country to stump for Republican candidates on the midterm election ballot as he tests his appetite for national politics and a possible 2024 presidential bid.

Youngkin raised $2.64 million into his political action committee, Spirit of Virginia, a state-regulated PAC without contribution limits, from Jan. 1 through June 30, according to figures shared with the Washington Examiner. The governor’s haul more than doubled what his three immediate predecessors raised during their first six months in office and reveals a chief executive not content to return to private life after concluding the single, four-year term afforded to him under Virginia’s constitution.

The resources Youngkin is raising into Spirit of Virginia and his relatively new federal political nonprofit group, America’s Spirit, are going toward building a political operation dedicated to expanding the governor’s footprint and influence, beyond the Old Dominion, as he considers a 2024 run for the White House. That effort is taking shape in the form of accelerated travel to states, red and blue, to boost Republican candidates requesting his assistance.

 

BIDEN’S AMBASSADOR TO MEXICO KEEPS CLAIMING THE 2006 MEXICAN ELECTION APPEARED STOLEN… WHITE HOUSE SCRAMBLES TO DENY… NYT: Has Biden’s Top Diplomat in Mexico Gone Too Far, Officials Ask?

MEXICO CITY — Mexico’s election czar delivered a message to the American ambassador: The Mexican president was mounting an all-out assault on the national elections authority, sowing doubt about a pillar of the country’s democracy.

But instead of expressing alarm, America’s top diplomat in Mexico took up one of the president’s lines of attack, entertaining claims that an election long in the past, in 2006, had been stolen from the Mexican leader.

The ambassador, Ken Salazar, said in an interview that he was not convinced that the election was clean, challenging the stance of the United States at a time when democracy is under threat at home and across the hemisphere.

Mr. Salazar, who invited the election overseer to his residence, told The New York Times he wanted to know: “Was there fraud?” […]

As for Mr. López Obrador’s claim that the 2006 election was stolen from him, [Juan Gonzalez, Mr. Biden’s top adviser on Latin America,] confirmed in an interview that the U.S. position on the matter “has not changed,” despite the ambassador’s skepticism.

“We recognize the outcome of the election results,” Mr. Gonzalez said. “The U.S. has been on the record.”

Mr. Salazar, however, told The New York Times that he was “not aware of the U.S. government line,” and that he still had doubts: “I have been told by many people who watched the vote that night, including people that have no ax to grind, who are very credible people, that there was fraud.”

 

TRUDEAU GOVERNMENT TELLS CANADIANS TO GET COVID SHOTS EVERY 9 MONTHS FROM NOW ON… SHOT MANDATES MAY RETURN… FORTUNE: We will never be fully vaccinated against COVID’: Canadians may be required to get booster shot every 9 months (VIDEO)

Canadian Health Minister Jean-Yves Duclos said Canadians may soon be required to get a booster shot every nine months for the foreseeable future to protect against new variants of the COVID-19 vaccine.

Speaking to reporters, Duclos said Canadians who got a shot last summer are no longer “up to date,” and should now roll up their sleeves for another booster.

“The virus evolves and Omicron made us aware we will never be fully vaccinated against COVID-19,” Duclos continued, adding that as our immunity evolves, “we have to maintain our vaccinations up to date.”

According to local media Toronto Sun, when Duclos was asked if there would be a return of a vaccine mandate for boosters in the fall, he didn’t dismiss the idea, replying, “we must continue to fight against COVID.”