On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me… some lagniappe?
1). If you’ve never heard it, The Barenaked Ladies holiday album is surprisingly sold.
2) Current Rolling Stone reporters could learn a lesson from legendary music journalist Lester Bangs (as portrayed by Philip Seymour Hoffman)
3) I might make “Goodbye RGIII” my new ringtone.
4) Why is traditionally not-funny Dick Cheney so funny when he flaps his potty mouth? – Dana Milbank
5) The Eric Garner outrage should have been a softball for the president. Why didn’t he capitalize?
6) Emily Yaffe’s “The College Rape Overcorrection“ is your must-read of the week.
7) Rose Cochran, wife of U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran, passed away on Friday morning.
9) CAN’T MISS: The Telegraph’s Tim Stanley had some interesting things to say about the United States’ torture policy
11) Don’t miss Bill Scher’s piece: “Can the Left Launch Its Own Tea Party?”