Longtime PBS “NewsHour” anchor Gwen Ifill is certainly no wallflower on Twitter.
But she’s never exactly been a bomb thrower either.
During Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu‘s speech, she wrote the following:
Wow. Really? During his speech, Netanyahu remarked that Israel would stand alone if it hand to in its relationship with Iran and stood firmly against President Obama‘s impending deal with the nation.
Few of Ifill’s followers came out to defend her. Except one, Daniel Pucca, a cartoonist, wrote, “Wow, ppl. You have to be pretty tightly wound to take offense at a harmless remark like Gwen’s. And such hateful responses too.”
Ifill replied to him only, saying, “Welcome to my world, Daniel.”
Reaction was swift and strong.
- “Is this a joke to you?”
- “We pay taxes for this sh-t.”
- “Shameful attitude.”
- “Such snark is beneath your dignity and position Ms. Ifil..[sic]”
- “Good grief Gwen.” — conservative blogger Kathleen McKinley.
- “It’s that kind of straight forward insight of PBS’s senior political reporter that leaves so many of us eager to end PBS subsidy.”
- “Butthurt much?”
- “F*ck you.”
- “What’s wrong with you?”
- “Why don’t you take out your finger paints & paint one yourself, you fucking child?”