British police have recovered the body of a man killed in the London Bridge attacks, bringing the confirmed death toll of Saturday’s terrorist atrocity to eight.
Officials had been searching for a missing French citizen following the attack, and announced Wednesday that they had found a body in the River Thames, reports the Associated Press. The man is the third French citizen who was killed in the attack, French President Emmanuel Macron confirmed in news conference.
“We have had the latest toll confirmed this morning, which is three people dead and eight injured on the French side,” Macron said Wednesday.
Police said they have not made a formal identification of the body, but the family of the missing Frenchman, identified as 45-year-old Xavier Thomas, had been notified of the discovery. Specialists from the marine police unit discovered Thomas’ body downstream of London Bridge around 7:45 p.m. on Tuesday, reports the Independent.
Thomas had reportedly been walking across London bridge with his girlfriend when he was stuck by the terrorists’ speeding van and thrown into the Thames. His girlfriend was also hit and seriously injured.
Police shot to death all three attackers, who went on a stabbing rampage in nearby Borough Market after crashing their rented van. In addition to the eight confirmed fatalities, the terrorists also injured 48 people, with 10 still listed in critical condition as of Wednesday.
Send tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact email@example.com.