Fox News host Tucker Carlson reported Monday that he received a cease and desist letter from a lawyer representing Tony Podesta over his reporting on the Podesta Group.
The Daily Caller co-founder said, “Podesta isn’t just complaining about us, he’s threatening us.”
He continued, saying that the letter, “demands that the show ‘immediately cease and desist disseminating false and misleading reports about Mr. Podesta and the Podesta group.’ It demands we retract and delete all our prior reporting on the Podesta group and warns that if we don’t do this, ‘Mr. Podesta may pursue legal action, including for damages in order to fully protect his rights.”
Carlson also said, “Podesta’s lawyer wasn’t trying to inform us of anything — but to threaten us, to shut down our reporting on his client. One lawyer we talked to earlier today said the Podesta people have used this tactic with others before, it’s common. It’s an effort to use fear to control press coverage. We’re not intimidated, we have ample evidence from Mueller’s indictment and from a number of confidential sources to paint a pretty clear picture of exactly what the Podesta Group was doing for years here in Washington. We’ll let the facts speak for themselves, and we’re confident the Mueller investigation will be revealing a lot more about his lobbying practices in the near future.”
Tucker reported last week that the Podesta Group was now in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s “crosshairs” over possible connections to Russia and their effort to influence to U.S. election. (RELATED: Tucker BOMBSHELL: Podesta Group Is In Mueller’s ‘Crosshairs’ Over Russian Influence)