It’s Thursday, November 30, 2017, and this is The Daily Caller Newsroom.
Today’s episode features the sexual harassment allegations against two prominent Democrats.
Rep. John Conyers Hospitalized Amid Sexual Harassment Scandal
- Democratic Rep. John Conyers has been hospitalized over a “stress-related illness”
- Several former staffers have accused him of sexual harassment and he settled a wrongful dismissal claim with one woman who said he fired her for resisting his sexual advances
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi has finally called for him to resign after hedging for almost a week
More Women Accuse Sen. Al Franken Of Harassment
- Two more women have accused Democratic Sen. Al Franken of groping and harassing them, including one Army veteran who encountered Franken during a USO tour
- While Pelosi and some Democrats have called for Conyers to resign, they haven’t said the same for Franken
- Franken’s apologies for these incidents point to his role as a champion for women, which obviously doesn’t square with his behavior