Milo Yiannopoulos shut down Milo Entertainment, Inc., earlier in April after the company’s coffers ran dry, according to a Politico report.
The closing of the company also brought lay offs to the site’s small staff, although writers for Dangerous were not impacted, according to a statement to Politico.
“The video component of my daily show was stopped recently as the cost wasn’t justifiable,” Yiannopolous told Politico in a text message. “Show is now audio only. There were two layoffs as a result. But nothing has changed elsewhere or at Dangerous.com.”
Yiannopolous had not informed them of the site’s financial issues and were caught off-guard by Politico’s report, two writers for Dangerous told TheDCNF.
Both said they were “out of the loop,” while one writer said, “I honestly don’t know much of what’s going on.” Another had to check with her editor to assess her employment status.
“I think [Politico] is blowing this out of proportion,” said one Dangerous writer, who said he just spoke to Chadwick Moore Friday afternoon, disputing Politico’s report he had been terminated.
Both Moore and Milo, Inc., CEO Alexander Macris were terminated from Milo Entertainment but still “retain interests in Milo Worldwide,” another corporate entity Yiannopoulos owns, according to Politico’s reporting. Two other full-time employees were laid off as well, according to Politico.
Yet Moore was still working as an editor for Dangerous.com and there was no sign his role had changed, one of the individuals who spoke to TheDCNF said.
The future of Yiannopoulos’ ventures have been uncertain since Robert and Rebekah Mercer discontinued their funding of the operations in 2017.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact email@example.com.