After a free-wheeling campaign rally in Tampa, Hawaii Democratic Sen. Brian Schatz called the event a “dark carnival” and declared the left has “no equivalent.”
“This is not a thing on the left,” Schatz claimed. “We just argue about healthcare and climate and sometimes relitigate 2016 but we are not actually out of our minds.”
We have no equivalent to the dark carnival that is a trump rally. This is not a thing on the left. We just argue about healthcare and climate and sometimes relitigate 2016 but we are not actually out of our minds.
— Brian Schatz (@brianschatz) August 1, 2018
The facts, however, are not on his side. Here is a short reminder of the dark and at times violent responses to the Trump presidency so far:
- Kathy Griffin held a bloody “beheaded” Trump bust.
- Snoop Dogg pretended to shoot a Trump figure and rapped about killing the president in a video.
- A “Saturday Night Live” writer predicted that the president’s 11-year-old son would be “this country’s first homeschool shooter.”
- Madonna declared that she has thought about “blowing up the White House.”
- A teacher was suspended for shooting a squirt gun at an image of Trump, screaming “Die!”
- Sarah Silverman called for an American “military overthrow” of Trump.
- Stephen Colbert joked about the president giving a blowjob to Vladimir Putin.
- Joy Behar said that believing in Jesus is a “mental illness.”
- Jimmy Kimmel mocked the first lady’s foreign accent.
- Chelsea Handler tore into Sarah Sanders’ looks and weight, calling her a “whore.”
- A Democratic congressman made a blowjob joke about Kellyanne Conway.
- ESPN anchor Jemele Hill called Trump a “white supremacist.”
- Michelle Wolf mocked Sarah Sanders’ looks, calling her a liar to her face.
- Keith Olbermann called Trump a “Nazi” and drops regular expletive laced rants.
- Samantha Bee called the first daughter a “c**t” with absolutely no remorse.
- A Bernie Sanders supporter targeted GOP members of Congress in a shooting.
- A Democratic congressional candidate called the first lady a “whore.”
- Multiple members of the administration have gotten harassed, shouted down, or kicked out of restaurants just for working for the president.
- Multiple people have made death threats against the families of administration officials, including Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai.
- A man stole a teenager’s MAGA hat and threw a drink on him.
- Maxine Waters said Trump officials are “not welcome anymore, anywhere.”
- Left-wing Antifa members have harassed Trump supporters.
Good luck convincing the American public that Democrats are the party of peace.