Migrant Caravan Member Admits He Committed Attempted Murder, Will Seek Pardon In US

Amber Athey | Media and Breaking News Editor

A member of the migrant caravan marching toward the U.S. southern border revealed to Fox News that he was fleeing Honduras after committing attempted murder.

In an interview that aired Sunday, Fox News’ Griff Jenkins talked to a man named Jose with the help of a translator.

Jose revealed his criminal past and said he is traveling with the caravan to enter the U.S. with the hope of receiving a pardon.

WATCH:

“In my country, Honduras, I got in trouble,” Jose said.

Jenkins asked specifically what crime he committed, and Jose apparently replied in Spanish that he committed a third degree felony.

“Attempted murder,” Jose added in Spanish.

Fox News interviewed another migrant caravaner last week who said, “Criminals are everywhere. It’s criminals in here. It is. But it is not that many. It is good people here trying to get through Mexico and then get to the United States. It doesn’t mean that everybody is a criminal.”

President Donald Trump recently claimed that criminals are “mixed in” with the caravan.

The Department of Homeland Security claimed on Twitter last week that they can “confirm” that there are people in the caravan who are “gang members or have significant criminal histories.”

Follow Amber on Twitter

Tags : donald trump fox news migrant caravan
© Copyright 2010 - 2018 | The Daily Caller