Arizona Republican Senate candidate Kari Lake laid out her border plan which she hopes to bring to the U.S. Senate and ripped her opponents for flip-flopping on immigration, in an exclusive Thursday interview with the Daily Caller.
Lake broke down her 10-point plan which she wants to introduce as legislation in the U.S. Senate as a “very comprehensive Secure The Border, Save America piece of legislation” and said she would be willing to work with anyone who is about putting America First.
“I think it would be great to just have a very comprehensive Secure the Border, Save America piece of legislation. I’m not naive. I mean, I understand that I’m going to have to work with other members of the Senate to make this happen. And maybe there’s a senator out there who will say hey, might be better if we go at it with this approach. I’m open to that. As I’ve said, I am willing to work with any person in D.C. who wants to put America first, who wants to make America safe, who wants to put American families first, and wants to secure our border and bring back our energy independence and do the right thing. I don’t care if they’re Democrat or Republican,” Lake told the Caller.
She also said she would commit to only voting for a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary who commits to finish building a border wall.
“I obviously will be voting for cabinet officials presidential nominees, I will only vote for a Department of Homeland Security secretary who commits to building the border wall.”
Lake said she believes her opponents will be forced to endorse her plan, saying she does not think there is a point in the plan that voters in Arizona should not agree with.
“I think the Democrats that I’m running against eventually will come on board with it because they’re going to have to because Arizonans are not going to put up with it anymore. And this is why I ran for governor with the strongest, most aggressive, bold border plan this country’s ever seen. Because I recognize that in Arizona, we’re just a pipeline for child trafficking, human trafficking, drug trafficking, crime, all due to the wide open border,” she said.
“If you’ve got a severed artery, and you’ve got blood spilling out, you don’t put little band-aids on the blood. You stop the bleeding first and so we have to secure the border. We have to change the asylum laws. People are pouring in reading these scripts under phony asylum claims. They are not for that because they like to have money pouring in. They like the industry that this wide open border has created,” Lake continued.
Here Is Lake’s 10 Point Plan:
- Finishing the wall. If the wall didn’t work, Biden wouldn’t have welded the doors open.
- Enhance technological surveillance and monitoring to assist Border Patrol with interceptions.
- Enforce the laws we already have on the books These things were working under President Trump, and we have to get back to doing things that we know work.
- Change our asylum laws to prevent people who clearly do not qualify from entering in the first place. Right now, people are coming here, reading a script given to them by the cartels, and then released into this country with zero expectation they’ll ever show up for their asylum hearing. Most of the claims are bogus. We need to get rid of endemic crime as a qualifying condition – many of our own cities are every bit as dangerous as the places these folks are claiming to be fleeing.
- Require the automatic, immediate deportation of individuals caught crossing the border outside of official ports of entry. Individuals caught crossing the border outside of a port of entry will be permanently banned from entry into the U.S.
- Clear the backlog of immigration cases. Hire hundreds – thousands, if necessary – of new judges to hear asylum claims and clear the enormous backlog of cases that have stacked up under Biden and the Democrats.
- Build additional facilities on the border to house claimants until their cases can be heard so that those who claims are not upheld can be immediately deported.
- Expand and enforce E-Verify, including increased workplace enforcement, to ensure that people who have been erroneously let in under Biden cannot remain here indefinitely by simply avoiding their court dates as they are now.
- Stop all foreign aid to countries that do not actively assist U.S. agencies in preventing the uncontrolled flow of illegal migration.
- Provide personnel and material assistance to other nations who are willing to tackle violent, organized crime and take on the international criminal cartels on their own territory.
Lake also attacked her Democratic opponent Rep. Ruben Gallego and Independent Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, who is expected to announce reelection. She referred to Sinema as “Kyrsten Chameleon” and slammed them both for voting with President Joe Biden. (RELATED: EXCLUSIVE: ‘Going To Beat You’: Video Shows Kari Lake Confronting Arizona Rep Challenging Her For Senate)
“Ruben Gallego and Kyrsten Sinema are not going to fool the people of Arizona. Their voting record shows that they have not given a damn about our wide-open border. And now it’s election season. And like a chameleon, Kyrsten Chameleon, she comes to Arizona she decides ‘Oh, I better I better run as an independent and start calling myself moderate’. When in her own words, she said ‘I’m the most liberal legislator in Arizona.’ We have her on tape saying that. She’s been voting with Joe Biden and his disastrous plans including his border and his wide-open border plans. She’s been voting with him almost in lockstep more often than even Bernie Sanders and Rubin Gallego have voted with Joe Biden 100% of the time. We cannot let these two radicals fool us in an election year, or we will be done,” she said. (RELATED: Kari Lake Officially Launches Bid For US Senate)
“We won’t have the ability to clean this up, and I’m the only one with a proven plan to secure the border. And those two now want to go down and do a bunch of photo ops on the border and act like they care. It’s laughable. And I’m pretty sure that the people of Arizona are smart enough and wise enough to recognize shysters when they see,” Lake added.
Lake and Gallego got into a heated argument about the border crisis at the Phoenix airport in early October, a video exclusively obtained by the Caller shows.
In the video, Lake and Gallego can be seen at the airport, near the baggage claim area, having a conversation about the border crisis, which has greatly affected Arizona and the rest of the U.S. Lake slammed Gallego over Democrats’ support of massive influxes of illegal immigrants crossing the U.S. border daily.
Gallego, a far-left Democrat who supports late-term abortion and voted against former President Donald Trump’s border wall, approaches Lake in the video and says he knows her from her TV career as a journalist. Lake brings up the border crisis and the two get into a debate.
Lake has been giving speeches across the country for other Trump-backed candidates and was a delegate for Trump at the last GOP debate.