Tim Burton announced Thursday filming for “Beetlejuice 2” has officially concluded, letting fans know they’re one step closer to taking in the new flick.
“Just finished shooting Beetlejuice. Thank you to everyone involved,” he wrote on Instagram. The 65-year-old filmmaker posted the caption alongside an image of himself sitting on a couch on the set of the movie. Production on “Beetlejuice 2” began in London in May, and was nearly complete in September during the SAG-AFTRA strike that put a freeze on Hollywood productions, People Magazine reported.
View this post on Instagram
Burton was so close to completing his film, his team was able to quickly complete the remainder of their work as soon as the strike ended, according to People.
“I feel grateful we got what we got. Literally, it was a day and a half,” Burton previously told The Independent.
“We know what we have to do,” he said at the time.
“Beetlejuice 2” picks up where the original series left off and marks Michael Keaton’s return, according to People. Winona Ryder will also reprise her role as Lydia Deetz, and Delia Deetz will once again be played by Catherine O’Hara.
Monica Bellucci will also appear in the film, alongside Justin Theroux, Willem Dafoe and Jenna Ortega, People noted. Ortega’s fans recently discovered she would not be reprising her role in “Scream 7.”
Burton previously teased the movie, and opened up about his on-set experiences in the interview with The Independent.
“On this last one, “Beetlejuice 2,” I really enjoyed it,” he told The Independent. “I tried to strip everything and go back to the basics of working with good people and actors and puppets. It was kind of like going back to why I liked making movies.” (RELATED: Netflix Invested $55 Million Into Show That Was Never Produced Due To Filmmaker’s Bizarre Behavior: REPORT)
“Beetlejuice” is slated for worldwide theatrical release Sept, 6, 2024.