In an appearance that lasted three segments on NBC’s “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” on Friday, Texas Rep. Ron Paul gave a wide-ranging interview about his Republican presidential candidacy and how a President Paul would handle certain issues. At the end of his interview, Paul weighed in on some of his competitors — and had less-than-flattering words about his Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann.
Leno named off several of the candidates and Paul gave his opinion of each.
- Mitt Romney: “He used to be governor of Massachusetts … maybe that’s what he should stay at – being governor. He’s a nice guy.
- Newt Gingrich: “He should run for Speaker of the House again.”
- Michele Bachmann: “She doesn’t like Muslims. She hates Muslims. She hates them. She wants to go get them.”
- Jon Huntsman: “He’s a nice person, and he’s a good diplomat. He knows what diplomacy is all about. And he’s a thoughtful person.”
- Rick Santorum: “Gay people and Muslims.”
[dcvideo videoid=”24779695″ name=”ndnPlayer_24779695″ type=”ndn” /]
Paul also said he wasn’t impressed with real estate mogul Donald Trump, and admitted he hadn’t ruled out a third-party run.
“I haven’t ruled it out absolutely,” he said. “But I have no plans and no intention because you know when I’m soaring in the polls and we’re up to first and second place, that’s way premature.